Key topics of LEPCA I conference
A list of key topics, which was discussed during LEPCA I, is presented below.
• Case law: discussion of the newest and most important case law
• The Brussels II bis Regulation in relation to the 1980 Hague Abduction Convention
• Application of the grounds of refusal
• The voice of the child in the 1980 Hague Convention proceedings
• The timing of the 1980 Hague Convention proceedings
• Liaison judges: their role in the 1980 Hague Abduction Convention cases
• The practical challenges of the enforcement of return orders
• The 1996 Hague Child Protection Convention: what can it do for you?
• Cross border family mediation in international parental child abduction cases
• Interaction between criminal law and civil law in international parental child abduction cases
• The role of the Central Authority